Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Battlestar Galactica - Viper Mk II

Granted this is the remake of the MK II from the new TV series, it keeps pretty close to the MK II from the Orginal TV series back in the 80's! Always had a soft spot for BSG; I remember watching this back in Gardens when I was young. Yes, people say it's the poor man's Star Wars, but the theme song is outstanding and memorable in it's own right, and some of the designs are cool, iconic and outlandish in some sense!












This prebuilt model is the MK-II belonging to "Apollo", apparently there's the same Viper but with the callsigns "Husker" (Adama) and "Hotdog" (Which was the other choice when I picked this up.... uh, i'll stick with Apollo thanks!) It comes in a launch tube shaped box, which is pretty cool. The model itself is well painted with nice tampo'ed on markings, though it could use a bitttt more weathering to get the battle worn look. There's also plastic kits of these models, from which these were derived from (same manufacturer!), and as nice as it'd be to built one of these, time is a luxury with 2 kiddies to look after! So these will do for now till the day they grow up!



There was this episode that really left a deep impression with me, it was when Starbuck crashed on a planet, and had to rebuild a Cylon for companionship... man, I gotta go d/l that episode to watch again! Sadly, the second season of BSG TOS was kinda krap... I mean, flying bikes? Puhlease....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome.. this is on my list next :) The pre-built one is die cast ? Yeah I remember that episode ! I remmeber cylons scared the hell outta me back then lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! I loved the sounds the cylons eyes made! Woooooooo Woooooogggggnn... or something like that as it scanned left to right! This ones still plastic though, diecast would have been great!

    ReplyDelete