Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

It was 10 years ago today, that a few men decided to fly a few Jetliners into the WTC and Pentagon; whether or not this was 'allowed' to happen, we'll never know. But the fact is that it has changed the face of politics and war.

I clearly remember the event, i was still staying at AMK back then, just started working too. I was in my room when my sis told me ".. there was an explosion at the WTC in the US!", by the time i stepped out of my room to take a look, i caught the plane smashing into the tower live on the news....

It took a while to sink in, i mean, this only happens in the movies right? I mean, who'd be brazen enough to attack the US of A? Regardless, after the images unfolded on the screen, and the horror of the two towers collapsing, reality hit; nothing's gonna be the same again. All of us in the living room were kinda worried then of course, was even thinking if i should go to work ( i was working in UOB Plaza back then! ) :P

Well, US started a crusade in Afghanistan, then Iraq, all because of GW Bush of course. 10 years on, they've got the 'mastermind' behind it all, Osama Bin Laden... 10 years, was it worth it or justified for the soldiers who were just following orders?

No comments:

Post a Comment