Monday, August 22, 2011

Hasbro Darth Vader Force FX Saber

Picked up a Hasbro Darth Vader Lightsaber from the recent STGCC at Suntec (well, technically wasn't me who bought it, actually asked my bro-in-law who was there still to pick it up for me!).

Bought it from a shop-that-shall-not-be-named cos i don't really like them, BUT it was cheaper than the retail, so who cares? :p Anyway, the is the 'collectors' edition of the saber by Hasro Signature; after Master Replicas lost the license to Star Wars, Hasbro picked up the sabers where MR left off.

Apparently both versions are identical except for the electronics, the saber itself is pretty hefty; definate almost a KG. It is LED lit, and features the power up/down sound, the idle hum and saber clash sounds like the previous releases. Also, this one has a removable blade, so you can choose to walk around with just the hilt strapped to your belt (they give the belt clip too.)

Kinda cool if you've always wanted to be a pretend jedi haha, i still remember vividly asking my parents to buy one back for me way back when i was staying at jalan pacheli in gardens..... and they bought stickers for me instead... disappointed i was. :p

Well, isn't that what growing old is about? :) You go out and buy back the things you couldn't afford then! And some stuff has definately improved. I even have my own young jedi now. ;)



1 comment: